The School of Distance Education and Learning (SODEL) of Jaipur National University was established in the year 2008-2009. In Sept, 2009 the University got approval from DEC and the Joint Committee of AICTE-UGC-DEC accorded its approval to start various programmes of studies at under graduate and post graduate level.
Quality assurance and maintenance have been the motto of the School of Distance Education & Learning, and has all along maintained parity with education offered to regular students in colleges and universities. The students are provided quality study material in Self Learning format and in addition to this counseling is provided by well educated and experienced academic counselors at the place near to their doorstep.
One of the great advantages of Distance Learning is that it provides a viable and affordable alternative to conventional mode of education, especially for those, who for several socio-economic, family and geographic constraints, could not get education despite their high motivation and genuine aptitude for studies, and also for those who do not have time for education through conventional mode because of their personal, professional and family obligations.
Characteristics of Distance Learning:
- Age No BarFlexibility in rules and regulations.Special facility to bring the dropouts in the main stream by condoning break in studies.
- Admissions twice a year, in calendar year (January batch) and academic year (July batch).
- Quality print material is provided by the university in SLM format only in English language.
- Well defined minimum and maximum duration of each programme.
- Study based on credit system and students are at ease to accumulate credits as per their convenience and availability of time.
- Evaluation of students on the basis of Internal assignments (30% weightage) and Term-End-Examination (70% weightage).
Characteristics of the Study Material:
The Self Learning Materials (SLM) are specially designed to provide space for reflection, introspection and critical thinking. SLM in print is delivered at the door step of the learner and it contains much more than just information. SLM prepared by the University has the following characteristics:
- States clearly objectives and learning outcomes.
- Contents broken in to various headings and sub-headings that cover.
- Each learning objectives.
- Self Learning Exercises and check your progress questions are inbuilt in the study material.
- Unit structure has been given in the beginning of the unit.
- Provides plenty of examples, charts, graphs, tables and equations wherever necessary.
- At the end of each unit summary, glossary has been provided.
Advantages of Distance Education:
- Learning at your own pace, speed and convenience.
- Just-in-time learning; more opportunities to learn the latest and the updated study materials.
- Reaching the unreached; reaching those with restricted mobility (dropouts, housewives,handicapped, elderly people)
- Accessibility for those with family responsibilities (parents with young children at home).
- Exposure to telecommunication technology and access to media-rich learning environment.
Programmes of Study:
The School of Distance Education and Learning is presently offering the following UG and PG programmes. All these programmes are duly approved by DEC and the Joint-Committee of DEC-UGC-AICTE.
I. Post Graduate Programmes:
(A) Management Programmes
- MBA Marketing Management (MBA-MM)
- MBA Financial Management (MBA-FM)
- MBA Human Resource Management (MBA-HR)
- MBA Operations Management (MBA-OM)
(B) Computer Science Programmes
(C) Language Programmes
- MA English
II. Post Graduate Diploma Programmes:
(D) In Management
- PG Diploma in Marketing Management (PGDMM)
- PG Diploma in Financial Management (PGDFM)
- PG Diploma in Human Resource Management (PGDHRM)
- PG Diploma in Operations Management (PGDOM)
(E) In Computer Science
III. Under Graduate Programmes:
- B.Sc. (PCM)
- B.Sc. (PCB)
IV. Preparatory Programme:
- BPP (Bachelor’s Preparatory Program)
Those in service can brighten up their promotion chances and career prospects by enhancing their professional qualifications by doing courses of their professional concerns through distance mode. And, those who cannot afford education through regular mode can study at their own convenience, pace and speed for better living. Distance Education provides one an opportunity to earn while learning.
Admissions are made twice a year January and July. Separate admission notices are published in the leading newspapers. For admission in Calendar year (January batch) advertisement is published in the last week of November and for admission in Academic year (July batch) advertisement is published in the last week of May. To facilitate the reach of the students the university has provided the area-wise Service Providers. The Service Providers have further been authorized to take help from various institutions/persons working in the field of education to provide information about the various programmes of studies and guide students to take admission in JNU run programmes. These institutions are called Information and Guidance Centre of the university. The network of Service Providers in the country can be seen on a separate link provided on this website.
Students are advised to take advantage of online admission in the University programmes of study. For help they should contact our Service Providers in various regions.
About Entrance Tests:
Admission to Management programme are granted on merit based on the score in the Entrance Test which is held twice a year — normally on the last Sunday of August for the ensuing January Session and on the last Sunday of February for the July session.
About Evaluation and Examinations:
The evaluation of the progress and achievements of the learners depend upon various instructional and learning activities, which are evaluated by the experienced faculty members. Learner has to write two assignment responses compulsorily before taking the Term-End-Examination to complete an academic programme.
The university has two-tier system of evaluation:
- Continuous evaluation through assignments (Weightage = 30 %)
- Term-End-Examinations (Weightage = 70 %)
Term-End-Examinations are held generally in the months of Dec. /Jan & June /July every year.
For continuous evaluation students will be given two assignments of 15 marks each. The marks obtained in the assignments are added in the Term-End-Examinations. In addition programmes like MBA, MCA and BCA also have Project Work as a compulsory component which will have weight of two full papers.
- It is compulsory to pass the Term-End-Examinations and Internal Assessment separately by obtaining minimum passing marks in each Subject/paper.
- Students will be required to fill in the examination form for each Term-End-Examination along with the required fee.The examinations are conducted at the identified examination centres on time and results are declared at the stipulated time.
- Medium of Examination: Students can write their examination papers either in English or Hindi language.
Prof (Dr.) M.K. Ghadoliya
Prof. Ghadoliya, was formerly Professor and HOD of Economics at the Vardhman Mahaveer Open University, Kota (Rajasthan). He has published 9 books and Edited equal number of books in Self Learning Material mode for the students of Open University. Prof. Ghadoliya has also written more than 100 Research Papers and articles for various magazines, journals and books. He has also participated and presented papers at many National and International Conferences. Prof. Ghadoliya has been the Chief Editor of Prestigious Rajasthan Economic Journal and was elected President of the Rajasthan Economic Association for the year 2012-13. He also has vast administrative experience and a distinguished academic career beside 40 years of teaching experience of UG and PG Classes. Prof. Ghadoliya has also been a staff trainer at VMOU, Kota for about 10 years as Director, Staff Training and Research Institute of Distance Education.At present he is guiding Ph. D students of Jaipur National University. His experience of teaching and administration is an asset to the Jaipur National University.